This teapot was cut out of plywood and then I put a coat of shellac on it. When that dried I dabbed some vaseline here and there so that the paint wouldn't stick in all areas.I brushed white paint all over and when that dried I wiped off the vaseline. Then I hand painted Tea Time on the pot and glued on a little teacup graphic from the Graphics Fairy. I even got the shape of the teapot from that great site.
This one is done the same procedure as the teapot sign above, except there is a rectangle painted in the middle with chalkboard paint. I drilled a hole in the top to hold the stick of chalk.
For the second teapot, I painted it without putting vaseline on first, and got a smooth white coating of paint. I added some grey accents to define the handle, lid and spot and glued on a small rose graphic, again from the Graphics Fairy
Around the "lid" area I hand painted on a small rose design.
I hope this gives some of you some ideas!
Sharing at the following blogs:
My Repurposed Life Funky Junk Interiors
The Graphics Fairy Cowgirl Up
Be Colorful Coastal Charm
The Tablescaper Knick of Time
Faded Charm Elizabeth & Co.
Savvy Southern Style Brambleberry Cottage
Beyond the Picket Fence House of Hepworths
Common Ground Jennifer Rizzo
Shabby Art Boutique aka design