This is where I left off, the back room was like this and it was time to tear apart the built in desk.
I went to move the picture off the wall, and look what was behind it... a safe!
We then took apart the desk and the wall surrounding it. There is a chimney going up in the wall, something I wish had not been in the middle of my new workshop, but we'll have to work around that.
Laura smashed the wall with a sledgehammer (I think she's seen too many DIY shows where people enjoy doing this!)
Here's the view from the other side:
I tried to find where the drywall screws were so that I could unscrew the wall as much as possible. We worked our way across the wall.
The progress was great, but there is ducting in the cavity beside the chimney. Behind that (in the old doorway where the ladder is) there is a small sink in a vanity along with the plumbing for a toilet. That will have to come out. And I need to find a place to put my table saw so that it won't run into the chimney.
That's where we are at right now.
Stay tuned for more...
Labels: demolition, new workshop