Potato Blossom Festival

This week is Potato Blossom Festival week.  The fields around O'Leary are full of rows and rows of potatoes in blossom.  Did you know some blossoms are white, some are pink, some are even blue!

Two weeks before the festival week, the town puts up colourful buntings (or pennants) along Main St.



I made some large pennants out of wood and strung them up outside my store to add to the festivities.


The parade will come right past both my house (which is just around the corner) and my shop which is right on Main St. This year I'll watch the parade from the front porch.

Last year my husband drove a friend's tractor in the parade:

There are a lot of tourists in town, some people spend their summers here.  These were two of my little visitors last week, they are from Pennsylvania:








I am keeping busy with orders in the shop, will try and post some more creations if I can find the time.


Labels: