I made a different type of seahorse wall décor at least a month ago and had it hanging in my shop. It wasn't for sale because I really liked it and wanted to eventually have it in my house. A few people have asked the price because I didn't have a price sticker. So I did put a piece of masking tape with the words "Sorry not for sale" on it.
Well, I sold it to a customer who really liked it and made me an offer!
This piece evolved, as many of mine do.
This seahorse creation is 30" high x 16" wide.
I first decided to cut a seahorse shape out of a scrap piece of beadboard, left over from my house's bathroom make over. The initial idea was to have the wall show in the cutout empty area. After cutting it out however, I thought the seahorse needed to be filled in. I put some turquoise stain on a piece of thin plywood and held it behind the seahorse shape but it still needed something else so I lightly sanded the turquoise so that it wasn't a solid colour. I glued the stained piece on the back and then sanded the beadboard. The final step was making a frame out of scrap wood.
Labels: beadboard, seahorse