Pumpkins

pumpkin 

I needed some decorations around my shop for Hallowe'en so I decided to make some wood pumpkins. With orange paint actually called "Orange You Happy," I painted a few 10' pieces of 1" x 4" spruce strapping. Then some of it was ripped into half to make some thinner boards, and all of it was sanded and then coated with either grey or brown stain. I curved the edges of some pieces with my jigsaw to make a pumpkin shape.

Each one is a bit different than the other, but they are 12"-20" high and 14"-18" wide. I alternated between the grey stained and brown stained pieces and attached them with my nail gun to a few cross pieces. At the bottom I sat a 2" x 4" and nailed that there to give a base to hold up the pumpkin. I used a scrap piece of old barnboard for the stem.

pumpkin 

pumpkin  
pumpkin  
They all sit outside my shop when it's open.
shop front door Hallowe'en  
shop front Hallowe'en  

follow your heart woodworking  

Labels: