Menu Blackboard

As I've said in some previous posts, I've been making some small items to sell at the local Farmer's Market.  The last three Saturdays I have been there and sold a few things.  No one has bought any of my furniture yet, but I have given out quite a few business cards which hopefully get my name out in the community.

A few months ago I bought a photo frame for the glass, which I thought I would use to go into one of my own rustic type frames. I forgot to take a photo of the original, because I wasn't thinking of using the frame at all, since I make everything like that myself.  The frame had a top opening for a photo and below it a mirror which I thought was a good deal for only $2 because I would have both the mirror and the glass to use.

As I looked at the frame I figured why not use that, so here's what I made out of it:


The original frame was black which I covered with a quick coat of white and then distressed quite a bit.

I cut a piece of hardboard to fit in the top photo section and painted it black.  Then I printed off the "Menu" typography from The Graphics Fairy and transferred it on by colouring over the back with a white pencil.  The Menu font is hand painted using white and silver craft paint.





I removed the mirror in the bottom section and it was also fitted with hardboard. I first painted it black and after that dried I put two coats of blackboard paint over it.

The finished size is 14 1/2" x 7 1/2"



Bragging at
  The Graphics Fairy , Sew Woodsy , Savvy Southern Style, My Repurposed Life  and Funky Junk Interiors

Labels: , , ,