Mermaid from Distressed Striped Wood Pieces

I've been busy in my shop and made some pieces over a month ago that I haven't had time to blog about.

A few of the new creations are made with strips of wood that I paint, distress, stain and attach to a backing of either plywood or mdf board.  Then I cut the final shape and stain the edges and clear coat the whole piece.

Here's the first one... a mermaid.  [See my lobster made with the same technique here]

She is 25" long, 16" tall and 1" thick.



This view, taken from an angle, lets you see the thickness of the piece better:


I've use white, a medium blue and two shades of turquoise.  Beachy colours I've used before on both my shop counter:
 As well as my mirror:

All of these pieces (well not my counter, but I could make you one) are available in my shop or online by contacting me through email or my facebook page.

follow.your.heart@live.ca
followyourheartwoodworking on facebook





Sharing at:
Sincerely Sara D.
Shabby Art Boutique
DIY by Design
Talk of the Town

Labels: