I did show my scarecrow in a previous post, but now I'll show some close ups and give a little more detail.
I used an old 6" wide and 5' long, piece of wood given to me by a customer who didn't need it and a few other pieces. I cut a head (circular) shape at the top and a long leg gap at the bottom. I found another piece of wood, about 3" wide for the arms. I screwed this on the back (after painting) so that I could put it away in storage easier by removing the screws. I dry brushed white for the head, red for the shirt and blue for the overalls.
The pocket, the finger part of the mittens, as well as the buttons, are cut out of plywood and glued on top of the main body parts. This adds some extra dimension.
I painted some details for the face and made a plaid looking design for the shirt. There are some details on the overalls including a painted on patch. Also, some raffia was added under the pocket, around the wrists, and under the hat. I cut a crow out of plywood after seeing it at this blog (thanks Paula)
I wired him to a straw hat that I bought years ago (for less than a dollar) knowing I'd use it sometime!
I put the scarecrow out in front of my shop each morning and bring him back inside when I close up for the night.
He stays behind the shop counter, just in case I need the extra help when I'm gone.
I'll show my pumpkins in more detail next time.