Carved Heart and Initials

Since this is a slow time around here I've been experimenting with some new ideas for my shop. I'll get to those some other time because I thought I should first get some Valentines related projects made and available in my etsy shop. 

I have created this from 100 year old Prince Edward Island barnboard. Each piece is cut from the original 11 1/2" wide boards with character that can only be obtained by years of weathering. I used a router to carve out the heart which is about 8" x 8" and the initials which are 1 1/2" tall and from 1" to 1 1/2" wide. Of course it is supposed to look as if initials are carved into a tree!

 
I think this looks small in photos, but it's 15 1/2" tall x 11 1/2" wide x 1/2" thick.

You can see the texture of this beautiful barnboard by looking at the next photo.
 



On the back is a hanger.

 


Here it is hanging in my shop with a few other items for sale.
 


 

Available through my Etsy shop 

Heart Carved Sign

 
Sharing at:
funky junk interiors
Coastal Charm
The Scoop

Labels: